Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This is the Place Monument, Salt Lake City

this is the place heritage park free admission 2012
Great News!  This is the Place Monument and Heritage Park is FREE this Friday, June 8 from 10:00 to 5:00.  Sponsored by the Huntsman's, the park is open to everyone!  A little bit of advice from a mom who has ventured out on free day before:
  • Bring your lunch and LOTS of water. You will walk a lot.  
  • Wear tennis shoes, ones that can get dirty. Because you will be walking in dust the entire time.  
  • Did I mention that you should bring water? 
  • Plan on doing lots and lots of walking.  Parking is not close.  
  • Unless it is absolutely necessary, don't bring the stroller.  It will be more hinderance than help. 
  • There will be A LOT of people there and don't be surprised if you have to wait in line to park. 
  • Oh, and bring some water. 
  • Wear sunscreen, but don't put it on there. Did I mention the dust? 
Don't get me wrong, my kids love this, and I like it too, I just think you should know what you're getting into.  Hope to see you there!  I'll be the one dragging 4 kids up the hill all loaded up with water bottles. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about more free fun events in the future! We should do some fun stuff together again this summer.
    Mary :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...