Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kennecott Copper Mines

Last weekend we took the kids to check out Kennecott Copper Mines.  I haven't been since I was a kid and my husband had never been, so we were both pretty excited.   I was a little nervous that the kids would be bored, because I couldn't remember what was there.  Really, all I could remember was the giant tire.   Because who can forget that?  
Turns out, the Copper Mine is pretty awesome.  We watched a video that my kids actually listened to.  And the most amazing part, after the video when were walking through the visitor center my kids were pointing stuff out and explaining things to me that they learned from it.  Um, awesome. 

And the obligatory massive tire picture.

Honestly, if you have little boys you must take them, just for the trucks. My three year old wanted more than anything to get close to the big trucks. Alas, that requires a special permit.  Watching them from afar was pretty awesome, however. 
IF YOU GO, GO IN MAY!  
All this month, The Kennecott Copper Mine is FREE!  You read that right.  You need to print off a coupon that you can find at the Kennecott Website.  
Hours: 
7 Days a Week
8:00am to 7:00pm 
Cars will not be permitted after 7:00pm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...