Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wheeler Farm, Salt Lake City

farming and agriculture
One of my favorite places to take my children is Wheeler Farm. I don't know if it is nostalgia, or what but I love it. And lucky for me, so do they!  One piece of advice however, don't go to Wheeler Farm the day after a big rain.  One word: MUD!  

agriculture and farming
Wheeler Farm is absolutely free.  You can wander around, let the kids check out all of the farm animals and if they are brave, maybe even pet a horse.  There are all kinds of great farm animals, and if you are there at just the right time in the spring you might even be treated to a sight of little baby lambs and kids.  (I'm talking about goats, not children!)

agriculture farm
You might even be lucky enough to chase a chicken.  But I don't recommend it.  I do recommend bringing something to feed the ducks.  And the geese. Especially the geese.  You don't want a hungry goose after you. . . .

things to do in utah
They do offer pony rides and wagon rides, but both charge a small fee.  But honestly, climbing on the old tractors, climbing into the tree house and feeding the ducks are plenty for my kids!  
If you go: 
Monday to Saturday 9:00 to 5:00
6351 S. 900 E., Salt Lake City , Utah
84121-2241 


1 comment:

  1. We love Wheeler! We've done the wagon ride, but it was kinda pricey for the four of us. We do milk the cows, though. I think they have two times: 4 and 5 pm. (It used to just be 5, but they added 4 a while back.) It costs .50 a kid, and obviously you have to call and get a token in advance. Be careful, though, because one particular cow likes to poop while she's getting milked and we've been splattered!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...